Sunday, October 5, 2008

Covert Operations

Reagan Diaries, pg. 351-352

"That was also the day I received a "secret" phone call from Bud MacFarlane. I t seems a man high up in the Iranian govt. believes he can deliver all or part of the 7 Am. kidnap victims in Lebanon sometime in early Sept. They will be delivered to a point on the beach north of Tripoli & we'll take them off to our 6th fleet."

I find it so foreign to have a covert operation spoken about so openly and in such a nonchalant demeanor. Certainly, this is a private diary, but to have it published for the general public seems so wrong! As if I know I shouldn't be reading this. I get the feeling that I've been coerced by society to never know or want to know about what the government does beyond our daily knowledge.

Travis Clarke

No comments: